3.18.2008

I fucking hate this job!

I really really hate this crap. I'm sitting in a meeting and have been completely ignored. Everyone else has been asked for the status of things and I've just been skipped over. On top of that, I dislike one of my coworkers (TA). She's just stuck up and refuses to help many times. More annoying is that she'll just stare at you like you're a fool when you ask a question. She takes forever to do things and get back to others about things... and she's sitting right next to me right now. Further, this company is going downhill fast. Company after company is leaving. There's downtime left and right... I would care more about this, but they don't take advantage of my strengths and when I ask to help, I'm held back... So forget this place. Right now its easy money, but I'm going full steam on my projects... I don't wanna stay here any longer than I have to. I need to start saving money...

Ok, so they asked for my status, but I still under-utilized. The parent company, MindShift, seems like a great place to work. The compliance department, however, is a piece of trash. Mike (my old manager) was right to get out when he did. If I'm still around in a year, I sure as hell will get out too. Hopefully I won't be though.

I'm scheduled to talk to Matt Lapovsky, an old HS friend, tomorrow evening about startup ideas and imHere in particular. I'll do it with or without him, but I'd be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. I am, however, concerned that he's fell out of the "web" world and I'll have to get him back in first. S'ok though... There's plenty to do: coding (front end and back), feature creation, interface design, business plan, company website, etc. Last night I was up part of the night working on things. I'll post the possible logo and maybe a general interface design. In the meantime, I think I'm going to buy the domain, imheretech.com and move everything over there. Currently, a very alpha build of part of the project can be found at http://ds410.servdns.com/imhere/defaultv2.aspx. This will be changing shortly.

That's all for now...oh wait, maybe not. 2 other things:

1. I've been put on the all star Ramblers team for the indoor classic so that should be good.

2. I have 30 or so days to figure out whether I want to renew my lease at $3200 (up from $3055) and if I don't, figure out where I want to go.

Now that's all.
Daniel Delphin, CCNP, MCSE

No comments: