3.24.2008

A little down...

So I'm a little down. I got in communication with a guy named Owen Thomas who writes for Valleywag.com and he suggested that VCs were over the whole social network thing. That has me down in the dumps a bit even though most of what we're doing is not 100% dependent on the concept of a full blown social network... Instead it kinda combines the ideas of digg, eyebees, a comment startup's name that I can't remember, while also providing benefits of a social network suck as increased usage and stickiness. I'm sitting here at a MIndShift client's office on Madison (I switched depts btw to the field tech dept... I'm SO excited) and just saw this chinese cookie fortune taped to cubicle divider: "Self-trust is the first secret to success." I think that was meant for me to see... A way to help me be reassured with what I'm doing.

So I think I'm going to figure out a way to make the company work without VC/angel investment... Just in case. I still think we'll get it but I think I make enough money to cover most monthly costs initially. After the initial app is done, its just a matter of selling to clients and then we're on our way to profitability.

I'm gonna make this company work!
Daniel Delphin, CCNP, MCSE

No comments: